Wednesday, January 22, 2014

There's No Place Like Home

                I came back to school in a whirlwind of activity. It’s crazy to think that I have only been on campus for three weeks. I moved back early for Residence Life training as well as sorority recruitment. This was my last year being able to help with recruitment, before I become an alumni of my sorority. So, this year was a little bittersweet for me. I think that recruitment is great opportunity for women to meet new people that they may not see that often. This year was no different. I met so many different and amazing young women. I can’t wait to see them blossom in the organizations that they picked. Even if people decided that Greek life is not for them, they still meet a lot of people, so if you are just looking for more friends at Rockhurst this is a great way to do it. There are a lot of stereotypes that people connect with sororities and a lot of them are not true. I encourage everyone to get to know some Greeks, you may be surprised if they change your mind on how you think about Greeks and the things they do. Especially, at Rockhurst the Greek community here is different from at larger schools. With delayed recruitment and no Greek row it makes it easy to see your friends who may be Greek all the time without feeling like an outcast. After Sorority recruitment we are now 405 Greek Women strong. Starting last week, the fraternities began their recruitment. The Greek community is becoming larger here at Rockhurst, and as President of Order of Omega, my goal this semester is to begin a larger project on Greek unity and service here at Rockhurst. I think that the community that we have at Rockhurst is unique and it is something that needs to be taken advantage of. I love it here at Rockhurst, and being Greek made me feel more at home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment