Saturday, October 19, 2013

Midterms: The Delicious Ice Cream Center of your Semester

October is here and is almost gone and subtly my midterms have blown right in with the chilly fall winds. As my residents paced back and forth in the hallway wondering about the outcome of their tests, I just chilled out in my room. Going about my day-to-day activities not worried about tests or projects. I didn't think too much of why they were pacing back and forth and then it hit me! Midterms were here. Fall break was upon me and I had not even begun to study. I proceeded to throw myself in my studies, reviewing for this test, going to that professors office hours. I was doing everything and anything that I could to feel like I had control over my situation. It is enough to say in the end I was adequately prepared, but I feel like this happens to me every semester. I don’t know about the rest of you out there, but I feel like during the beginning of the semester I have so much free time and I don’t know what to do with it. I just go about my business happy as a fat cat, and then midterms hit and it all goes down from there. Suddenly, I’m not finding enough time to get everything done, I need to get done, including studying, talking to my residents, having somewhat of a life. It all becomes too much, and on top of all that midterms, which are both good and bad because of the amount of extra stress they put on me, but good because they make me feel accomplished when I get my grade back. Once, midterms are over there are big projects to complete, pumpkins and turkeys to carve and then come back and it’s time for finals. Then Christmas break! The semester flies by after fall break and I feel like it is a bittersweet end, because it was over too soon. Oh, well I always have the spring semester to look forward to and graduating!

No comments:

Post a Comment