Sunday, September 29, 2013

Family and Alumni Weekend

If you didn’t realize it, already this past weekend was Family and Alumni weekend! The weather couldn’t have been worse… or better. The families were able to experience all that the Midwest has to offer when it comes to weather in the weekend was jam packed with lots of family events, and Rockhurst spirited events. I went to the men’s soccer game on Friday and it was a great! The game was one of the most well attended games that we have had so far this year. I wish that attendance at our soccer games were always as well attended as the one on Friday. My friends and I painted our stomachs and rooted our team on to victory. The hawks played a great game and I was on the edge of my seat at some points during the game because we were so close to scoring. I was impressed by the performance at halftime by the cheerleaders and the dance team. They both seem like they are going to have a great year and I hope that this will be a big step into promoting more school spirit on campus. The rest of the weekend went by in a blur after the game. I heard many positive comments from my resident’s parents. The Office of Student Life and the family and alumni weekend coordinators did a great job with the weekend. There were plenty of things for families to do. I love how soon they have this weekend in the school year. I think that for my residents this is something that they really enjoyed this weekend. My residents enjoyed being spoiled by parents, taking a break from all the schoolwork, and being able to enjoy the family time that they may have been missing. This was a great weekend, and I feel like it brought families closer together.

http://annawrites.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/stick-family.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment