Saturday, November 16, 2013

Beyond Words 2013

                Yesterday was a long and laborious day, but I am proud to say that we had record attendance at Beyond Words. The tunnel had over 200 people attend. For those of you that have never been I recommend that you go one year because it is an experience unlike any other. You may be touched on a personal level by it, you may act cool and pretend that it didn’t shake you, but in the end you will take something away. I honestly hope it is a message for magis, and a call to live greater..

                This year our tour had several very well done rooms. The entire experience was something to be remembered even as an RA. For me it was awesome seeing how all of the RA’s came together and brought volunteers with us to help out. At the end of the night the RA’s had a small session where we reflected on our experience with beyond words, and in that moment while I was sitting in the basement of Corcoran I felt a huge weight lift off of everyone’s shoulder and a mutual respect for everyone for having toughed out the entire day. The tour through all of the rooms this year was a good chance for us to see the work that other RA’s had done and to get the same experience that everyone else had when they came through the tunnel. We heard a lot of positive feedback from the program and I am sure there are naysayers, but right now the praise is louder than the groans. I am sad that this is my last beyond words. It is kind of bittersweet end because I feel like that was a huge hurdle to cross and this semester is downhill from here, but at the same time, I am crossing off programs on my list that I won’t ever do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment