Saturday, November 23, 2013

We Came. We Played. We Conquered.

     
           The game was coming to a close; I shivered in anticipation as I looked out from my seat on the top row of bleachers. My hands were freezing from being outside for so long, but with adrenaline pumping through my veins I couldn’t be bothered with the chill. The clock kept ticking and still no one had scored, and then at the 80 minute mark, a goal! The crowd erupted into cheers as the Hawks, scored the first goal of the night. That goal made sitting in the cold much more worth it. As I cheered on the Hawks I looked around, and was impressed with the number of people that I saw at this game. There were a lot more than I  usually see at Rockhurst sporting events. Rockhurst University was chosen as one of the host schools for the NCAA Division II Sweet Sixteen. I kept thinking to myself that I wished that it was like this all of the time, I could feel the excitement in the air and a desire  to win and progress to the next level. I was startled out of my thoughts, as the crowd cheered again, we had made another goal! We were going to the next round! Everyone’s enthusiasm could not be contained. There was cheering and jumps for joy and I felt like I was at a school that was excited about their athletics. I will be at the quarter finals game tomorrow against Lindenwood cheering on the hawks and hoping that we make it to the final four. I am sure all of you have heard it again and again, if we make it to the quarter finals that will be the farthest that we have ever gotten in the tournament. I don’t know about you, but I feel like we can win!

No comments:

Post a Comment