Saturday, November 9, 2013

Picking the Right School

This past weekend my hall was filled with young and eager women. High school juniors and seniors were at Rockhurst to spend the night. The excitement in the air was palpable and the expectations were set high. My floor did an awesome job of helping out the rock viewers get a true feel for what life is like here at the rock. I hope that all of the students left with a new idea of what they are looking for in a college and what they aren’t looking for in a college. I honestly believe that the best way for anyone to know if they are at the right school for them is to visit and spend some time thinking about what it is that you want from your school. Their time here made me sit down and think about why I came to choose Rockhurst.

When I was looking for a college to go to I looked at the things the school could help me with as well as the things that I could give back to the school. I wanted somewhere that felt like home, where I didn’t feel like a number, somewhere that teachers would be willing to share their time with me, and a friendly community environment. I think that looking into different things that you want from a program and making sure the school that you want to attend has majority of those wants if not all of those wants is something that will enhance your college experience. The high school women who stayed in my hall have a new perspective on things that they want in a college and things that Rockhurst will make them expect in a college. For me Rockhurst was an easy choice for undergrad and it fit all my criteria, and I feel like in the end I made the right decision for myself and for my future. I have never felt so much support from a community before; I feel it even more now as I prepare to graduate in May. I feel comfortable using the resources that I have been provided to help me figure out what next year will look like for me. Even though the future is uncertain, I feel like I am not alone in the fight to become successful, but that I have an army of blue behind me helping me up the ladder to success, and helping me to stand on my own two feet.  

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/willis-report/sites/foxbusiness.com.on-air.willis-report/files/styles/style564x317/public/choosing-a-college.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment