Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter Break

Easter Break was a very relaxing time for me. I will probably regret not working on my homework like I should have, but the weather was so nice! I took time to actually enjoy my last break of college. All too often during break I am running, working, doing this that or the other. I never take the time to enjoy my break or to stop and smell the roses. So, this break I decided that I would do that because I won’t get the chance again, while I’m in college. I it’s important to take a break when you are given the chance. However, I can’t ever sit still and just relax, so I began to think and wonder about what life is going to be like next year. I got a job as a Leadership Consultant with my sorority and I will be traveling on the road four to five weeks straight. I will be dependent on others to help me get the things done that I need to get accomplished. I thought about how this job is going to change me for the better, and help me be more flexible, like a jellyfish. I thought about my fears. Will I be good enough for this job? Will it be a good fit for me? Can I grow and learn from it? All of these thoughts raced through my head over break. I had to think back to my time in the Dominican Republic and think to myself “Si Dios Quiere”. This was a huge reminder for me that if it is in Gods will it will work out. Si Dios Quiere. I would not have been blessed with the opportunities that I have been given if it wasn’t something that I was meant to do. Senior year has definitely been an uncertain time in my life because I am on the edge of making so many big decisions. It is important that I try to stay grounded, and take time to relax, but I need to take more time to reflect and discern on my path and where it has led me so far. I wasn't expecting to have such a deep and reflective break. I did want to go Easter egg hunting, but my mom said I am too old for that. Oh Well, I thought I'd give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment