Sunday, May 4, 2014

Time Flies at Rockstock

On Friday night SAB held our annual spring concert Rockstock on Lower Burke. The weather was great for an outside concert and it was really nice just being out of school for the weekend. This was my last concert here at Rockhurst unless some friends want to invite me back next year for a concert! The featured band this year was Time Flies. I went to the concert with some of my residents, and when we arrived it was packed. Since, I had never heard of Time Flies before or any of their songs I was curious about what type of genre they fit under and what to expect from this concert. There were over two thousand people in attendance at the concert and it was the biggest concert that Rockhurst has hosted on campus.  The actual concert was very well put together. There were a lot of different genres that the group played. They began their set with an original song, and the rest of the concert went back and forth between original songs and covers. One of my favorite things that they did was an original rap to “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus. The members of SAB had come up with a list of words that described Kansas City and Rockhurst and the members of Time Flies made a rap using all of the words. I thought that was really cool and it showed that they had more talent than I thought. Each cover that they did, they added something different to it. Like the remix they did of “Under the Sea” they changed the words and added a rap to it as well. I had a lot of fun at the concert listening to the music, but SAB also provided other activities for people to do during the concert. The photo booth was one of the most popular options. There was also a table where you could create your own sticker or laptop skin. The concert was a blast, and a very nice ending to a very busy week. Now it’s time to start finals week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment