Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Final Post

It all went by so quickly! This is my last post to the Rockhurst blog. For now... Who knows where I will end up for graduate school for physical therapy? Next year I have accepted a job with my sorority to be a leadership consultant. I will be traveling for a year to all of our chapters around the United States, helping with things that they might need help with. I am excited for this next chapter in my life and for the chance to be a real adult. It’s a little scary to think it is that time already. As soon as I walked across the stage I am expected to be an adult. My time at Rockhurst has been truly transformative. I was able to become an even better leader and learn a lot about myself. I would never give up the experiences that I had these past few years. They went by quickly, but they left such an impression on me. I hope I speak for everyone in that aspect. It has been a great senior year, busy, hectic, and stressful, but I wouldn't give up any of that.

               
 I took this picture with Father Curran after graduation. It was like closing the book to my Rockhurst undergraduate career. He asked me what my plans were and remarked on how that would be a perfect career field for me and my strengths. I feel like that moment was so full of Magis, because I know that he meant what he said and that he really did care about my plans after college. I think that this is something that shows what Rockhrust is about. At the end of the day it is not the money that you pay to come here, but the people that you meet along the way who take a sincere interest in you and helping you achieve your goals. I am determined to live greater and fulfill the core value of magis the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment