Sunday, September 15, 2013

Go Hawks!!

Gooooooaaaaaallll! I went to the tailgate on Friday and it was great! The soccer team did an awesome job and made it a game worth watching. My personal goal this year is to attend more Rockhurst games. I can feel the nature of this campus changing and trying to bring more school spirit on here, and let me tell you I have caught the Hawk fever! Tailgating was a fun experience and I hope they do them more often before different sports to increase attendance! The line to get free pizza and the free shirt was really along and a lot of people came out to support our soccer team. Going to the game reminded me of all the fun I had in high school when I went to basketball and football games. I want there to be pep bands and spirit sticks that are passed down the grades. I can see that it could happen. In years past, Rockhurst has been about creating a great reputation around the Kansas City area. Now, looking ahead I can see them doing more on campus so, that it becomes an all-around college experience for those who love sports and those who love education. Keep up the good work Rockhurst! Change is slow coming, but it is coming nonetheless. I would love to come back to Rockhurst 20 years from now and see the way our school spirit has become an integral part of the community. The theme this year is awesome because it makes me ask myself how I can do more for Rockhurst. In what capacity can I help to make Rockhurst better when it comes to school spirit? I think that by encouraging my residents to go and participating in the wear blue on Fridays I can help to spread Rockhurst Spirit! Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment