Monday, September 23, 2013

Senior Year Salvation?

I don't know if you have ever heard of the saying Senior year salvation, junior year jail, sophomore slump, and freshman frenzy. In high school my friends and I always referred to the stage s of high school as thus. We felt that Senior year should be a breeze because we were finishing off an old chapter and starting a new one. The way I feel for college is a little different, I feel like Senior year = stress. Right now is a very stressful and busy time in the life of a senior. Well, the life of a senior who is interested in Physical Therapy school. I am sure that it is just as difficult for everyone else, but seniors planning on going to graduate school have it rough. There are so many hoops to jump through to complete your application. Once you finish the process of filling out all of the paperwork then you have to play the waiting game to find out if you will be accepted. Once you get accepted then you have to figure out financial aid, or lack of financial aid. Honestly, I feel like a senior in high school overwhelmed by all of the choices that I have to make and by how much each decision will affect the final outcome of my application. Despite being so hectic and crazy this year, I have enjoyed my time here at the rock. I feel like senior year is the year that you try to get right. Everything, that I have wanted to do in years past and just never put in the time to do, I am forcing myself to do it. I am participating more in different activities around campus, I am going to more SAB events than I have ever done before, and I am cheering for our team at majority of the home games. I think the lesson that I have learned so far, is that even though I want to live out the motto and do more I have to do more within reason. I can’t do too many things at one time because then nothing will get done to my standards. I am going to continue studying for my GRE this Friday wish me luck! 

picture: http://www.fastweb.com/uploads/article_photo/photo/1415741/crop380w_app_form.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment