Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hawks and Buckets

This week was very hectic! I enjoyed the three-day weekend, but it also drains me so much. I am ready for this year to calm down and get into a succinct rhythm. This week I had a lot of catching up to do and reorganizing! However, since this is my senior year, I put all that on hold Thursday for Hawks and Buckets. This is one of my all-time favorite events that SAB puts on, and you might be wondering why I enjoy people getting a whole bunch of gross stuff dumped on them. For me it’s the thrill you never know what will be in bucket number one and if it is the prize, you just got lucky. So, I patiently waited to see if my number would get called and when it did, I groaned inside because I saw some of the stuff that had been dumped on the previous contestants and I was not excited to have that dumped on me. There was doubt in my mind for a little bit, I kept telling myself I didn’t have to claim the ticket as mine, I could just let someone else go up there instead. My competitive nature took over and I stood up, took my rightful place in the kiddie pool, and waited. The whole time doubt and excitement ran through my mind. As people began to pour the contents of their buckets on my head, I began to wonder if I made the right decision.  The adrenaline began to kick in and I started calling out bucket numbers faster and faster, and then I saw the confetti dumped. Not, on my head but my components, I got out of my kiddie pool and shook my head in defeat; I looked up and saw all the remaining buckets being dumped on her head. At, that moment I was happy that I hadn’t won, and content that I was able to participate my senior year in my favorite event. If you have never done it you should, it is definitely a memorable experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment